The Prime Minister's Education Excellence Awards recognise and celebrate outstanding achievements in early childhood education, primary and secondary schooling.
Entries are now closed. Learn more about what’s involved when entering the Awards.
Finalists announcedView the finalists
2017 Eligibility criteria
To be eligible for the 2017 Awards, entries must:
- be from:
- a licensed or certificated early learning/childhood service or group of services or
- a licensed or certificated early learning/childhood service's management body or
- a registered school/kura/wharekura, or group of registered schools/kura/wharekura such as a Community of Learning
- focus on improving outcomes for children and young people – in early childhood education, primary school, or secondary school, in English, Māori, or Pasifika-medium
- be from a group, team or partnership (entries about an individual are not eligible)
- be based in New Zealand
- be based around early childhood and school curriculum documents and education strategies developed in New Zealand and closely linked to teaching and learning
- not pose a risk to the credibility or integrity of the Awards.
We can't accept entries about an individual, or from groups, teams, or partnerships that include a staff member or contractor from a lead education-sector agency (e.g. Ministry of Education, Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand, Education Review Office, Education New Zealand, Tertiary Education Commission, New Zealand Qualifications Authority and Careers New Zealand).
Entries are currently closed.
Our previous finalists all completed exceptional entries. Here is some helpful advice from them on how to make your entry stand out.
Back to top