The 2019 Prime Minister’s Education Excellence Awards are proudly supported by the following organisations:
The Education Council is the professional body for all teachers. The Council is independent, and acts in the interests of teachers to:
- enable and support leadership to teachers and direction for the education profession, including teacher education, continued professional and leadership development
- establish and maintain the criteria for teacher registration, the standards for ongoing practice, and the criteria for issuing practising certificates
- monitor and maintain the requirements relating to conduct, competence, and impairment
- establish and maintain a code of professional responsibility for teachers.
Visit the Education Council's website.
EDUCATION REVIEW OFFICE
The Education Review Office (ERO) is the New Zealand government department that evaluates and reports on the quality of education in the pre-tertiary sector.
ERO reviews about 800 schools and 1300 early learning services each year. ERO uses the information collected from individual school reviews and other specific evaluations to evaluate topics of national interest relating to the implementation of education policies and education issues. These national reports and good practice guides are available on ERO's website. ERO also undertakes specific contracts with Crown agencies, such as the Ministry of Education.
ERO's reports are used by parents, teachers, early childhood education managers, school principals and trustees, and by government policy makers.
Visit ERO's website.
NEW ZEALAND SCHOOL TRUSTEES ASSOCIATION
The New Zealand School Trustees Association (NZSTA) is a national organisation whose mission is to lead and strengthen school governance in New Zealand.
It is responsible for delivering a fully integrated range of services designed to support and enhance board capability in its governance and employer role. Key areas of activity are:
- representation to central government and other agencies of the views of member boards of trustees
- production of many publications and other written material to support boards
- provision of "added value" services for member boards of trustees
- provision of advice, support and professional development for boards of trustees.
NZSTA also provides, under contract to the Ministry of Education, for all boards:
- provision of expert Employment and Governance Advisory services to boards of trustees
- provision of 0800 782 435 employment and governance advisory and support centre, on all aspects of trusteeship
- an Emergency Staffing Scheme
- free professional development and support solutions in all regions.
Visit NZSTA's website.
E whai ake nei ko ngā rōpū e koa ana ki te tautoko i ngā Tohu Mātauranga Kairanga a te Pirimia:
MATATŪ AOTEAROAMATATŪ AOTEAROAKo te Matatū Aotearoa he ohu ngaio mō ngā kaiako katoa. He ohu motuhake, ā, ka mahi hei tautoko i ngā kaiako kia:
- hāpai me te tautoko i ngā kaiako hei kaitātaki, hei ārahi hoki mō te mahi kaiako, tae atu ki te mātauranga kaiako, te whakawhanake ngaiotanga me te whakawhanake kaitātaki
- whakarite paearu me te tiaki paearu mō te rēhita kaiako, mō ngā paerewa mahi whakaako, mō te tuku tohu whakaako
- aroturuki me te tiaki i ngā paearu mō te tika o te mahi, te pai o te mahi me te hauā o te tangata.
- whakarite me te tiaki i ētahi tikanga ngaio hei whai mā ngā kaiako.
Torongia tā Matatū Aotearoa pae tukutuku.
TE TARI AROTAKE MĀTAURANGA
Ko te Tari Arotake (ERO) te tari kāwana hei arotake me te tuhi pūrongo mō te kounga o te mātauranga nō roto o te rāngai kura.
E āhua 800 ngā kura, 1300 ngā kura kōhungahunga ka arotakengia e ERO i ia tau. Ka meatia e ERO te mōhiohio e kohia ai i tēnā arotakenga kura me tēnā, i ētahi atu arotakenga hei arotake i ngā take nui ā-motu e hāngai ana ki te whakarite kaupapa here mātauranga me ngā take mātauranga.
Kei te pae ipurangi o ERO ēnei pūrongo ā-motu me ngā aratohu mahi papai. Ka meatia hoki e ERO he kirimana me ētahi tari Karauna pērā i te Tahuhu o te Mātauranga.
Ka meatia ngā pūrongo a ERO e ngā mātua, ngā kaiako, ngā kaiwhakahaere kura kōhungahunga, ngā tumuaki, ngā kaitarati me ngā kaiwhakarite kaupapa here a te kāwanatanga.
Torongia tā ERO pae tukutuku.
TE WHAKAROPUTANGA KAITIAKI KURA O AOTEAROATE WHAKAROPUTANGA KAITIAKI KURA O AOTEAROA
Ko Te Whakarōpūtanga Kaitiaki Kura o Aotearoa he rōpū ā-motu e ārahi ana, e whakakaha ana hoki i te mahi whakahaere kura i Aotearoa.Ko tā te rōpū, he whakarato i te whānuitanga o ngā ratonga hei tautoko, hei hāpai hoki i te āhei o te poari kaitiaki ki te whakahaere kura me te tiaki kaimahi.
Ko ngā tino wāhanga:
- kia tū hei kanohi mō te poari kaitiaki ina kōrero ki kāwanatanga ētahi atu tari
- kia puta he tini rauemi me ētahi atu kōrero hei tautoko i ngā poari kaitiaki
- kia whakarato i ngā ratonga ‘tino āwhina’ mā ngā poari kaitiaki
- kia hoatu kupu āwhina, kia tautoko, kia whakarite whakawhanaketanga mō ngā poari kaitiaki.
He kirimana ki te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga, hei whakarato mā ngā poari katoa:
- he ratonga mātanga mō te Tohutohu Whakahaere me te taha Whakawhiwhi Mahi, mā ngā poari kaitiaki
- he nama 0800 782 435 hei tautoko i te taha whakahaere mō ngā āhuatanga katoa o te kaitiakitanga
- he pūnaha whakarite kaimahi ina ohorere mai• he whakawhanake ngaiotanga utu kore, he tautoko mō ngā rohe katoa
Torongia tā NZSTA pae tukutuku.
“The Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand is proud to be a strategic partner of the Prime Minister’s Education Excellence Awards. These awards remind us to celebrate and share the extraordinary teaching and learning that take place every day in our schools and services. Seeing the joy, excitement and pride of the award recipients is a highlight for everyone who attends the ceremony.”
TĀKUTA GRAHAM STOOP
“The Education Review Office is committed to the achievement of equity and excellence in our education system and as such we are delighted to be a strategic partner of the Prime Minister's Education Excellence Awards. The Awards provide an opportunity to publicly profile, acknowledge and celebrate excellence in our system."
ĀPIHA AROTAKE MATUA WHAKAKAPI
TE TARI AROTAKE MĀTAURANGA
“Boards of Trustees are an important part of the New Zealand education system. They help to create a climate of high expectations leading to excellence in education. It is with this in mind that New Zealand School Trustees Association is honoured to be one of the strategic partners for the Prime Minister’s Excellence Awards. Being recognised and acknowledged for that excellence has to be the ‘icing on the cake’ for the award recipients. Kia kaha.”
LORRAINE KERR MNZM
TE WHAKARŌPŪTANGA KAITIAKI KURA O AOTEAROA